LE Package 2006 System Architectural Specifications
LE Package 2006-This system uses infrared technology as follows.
A. SuperScan Presence Sensor: SuperScan is a focused active infrared door-mounted presence sensor that provides protection during door travel as follows.
1) SuperScan utilizes a “distance measurement” method of detection, and is
not susceptible to false detections due to changing background environments.
2) Sensor shall be capable to detect humans or equivalent within
the detection pattern.
3) Sensor shall be mounted at the top rail of the door(s) – mid-rail mounted (or equivalent) devices shall not be acceptable.
4) Upon detection, the sensor shall provide a relay output to serve as a switch to stop, slow, or reverse the door action.
5) Sensor shall utilize a master and slave module configuration and up to 12 slave modules may be added to accommodate wide doors.
6) SuperScan shall be used in conjunction with BEA’s Bodyguard sensor and Lockout Relay to provide presence detection for the open and
closed door positions.
7) Sensor Dimensions: Available in widths from 13 inches (330 mm) to 102
inches (2590 mm) wide by 1.9 inches (48 mm) high by 1.9 inches (48 mm) deep (width to suit door size).
8) Mounting Height: Up to 9 feet (2.74 m) above finished floor
9) Finish: Black anodized aluminum extrusion with black ABS end-caps.
B. MC Linx I - Programmable Relay Module .
1) This fully microprocessed module shall be programmed
as an LE -21– Sensor Inhibitor module. This module shall allow the inhibiting of a door mounted (non-swing side) sensor (i.e. Superscan) to prevent a “push and go” effect when using the door manually.
C. Door Position Sensors Switch: Recessed mount, magnetic door position switch that provides an open circuit when contacts are apart.
1) Dimensions: Each sensor switch 3/4 inch (19 mm) long by 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) face diameter by 3/8 inch 9.5 recessed opening diameter.